We are currently recruiting for an General Accountant, to join our growing team in Whitby. ATX Networks offers an outstanding work environment and competitive compensation package.
Reporting directly to the Senior Finance Manager, the General Accountant will be involved in month end closing processes and AP specific tasks for the US and Canadian divisions ATX Networks.
We seek talented, enthusiastic, innovative, and flexible individuals, who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career. We host a positive, modern, business casual environment.
The following duties outline, but do not limit, the regular position requirements and may be revised from time to time as business conditions dictate, at the discretion of the Manager.
- Preparation, review and posting of month end journal entries;
- Analysis and reconciliation of various balance sheet general ledger accounts;
- Monitor all bank account reconciliations;
- Review of P&L general ledger accounts and help with explanation for big variances;
- Effective management of tasks on a weekly and monthly basis to create an efficient period close process;
- Monitor internal controls and ensure compliance;
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, and bring resolution to the attention of the Manager;
- Support the annual audit;
- Maintain and organize the filing system for records and documents;
- Prepare wire transfers;
- Preparation and ownership of AP data/forecast for weekly cashflow;
- Preparation of full weekly cashflow as backup for the Manager;
- Back-up for daily billing process;
- Work closely with AP colleagues and build good understanding of AP matters;
- Preparation of ad hoc AP, AR, and GL reports;
- Responsible for reviewing and entering AP invoices (minimal);
- Ensuring the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners;
- Maintain petty cash float;
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned;
The following criteria are the minimum qualifications required for this position:
Accounting degree and working towards completing CPA;
- Minimum of two (3-5) years experience in a similar role ;
- Working knowledge of Epicor accounting software would be an asset;
- Superior communication skills both oral and written;
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and follow-up skills;
- Proficient with various computer programs including; Microsoft Word, Excel (Intermediate to Advanced), Outlook and internet applications.