Position: Human Resources Business Partner- BC North
Position Type: Full time
Location: Prince George- Flexible
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday, with travel throughout the North BC region (25%)
What You're Passionate About:
You have a passion to build, foster and grow relationships between Human Resources and the rest of First Truck employees. You act as a strategic partner to your dedicated client group. You thrive when being involved in implementing and evaluating employee relations, human resources and talent management policies, programs, and practices. Are you ready to become part of a dynamic team in a fluid and fast-paced environment? If you're an HR professional based in Prince George, or Northern BC, this role is for you!
Key Deliverables for the Human Resources Business Partner:
- Applying your knowledge of HR policies and procedures while using your judgement to adapt to changing environments to achieve optimum outcomes.
- Supporting the development and implementation of strategic HR plans that facilitate your client group's business objectives.
- Demonstrate and effectively scale the application of the HR generalist disciplines including change management, employment legislation, employee relations, performance management, investigations, job evaluation, compensation management, internal communication, coaching, workforce planning, and policy interpretation.
- Proactively partner with clients to identify strategic issues, workforce planning or organizational design challenges and provide advice and expertise to help develop creative solutions.
- Conducting Branch or department visits for performance management purposes, including presenting training programs and coaching conversations.
What You Bring:
- Post secondary education in Human Resources or Business
- 4-7 years' experience in a Human Resources Generalist role in a dealership setting
- 1-2 years' experience in a recruitment focused role
- Experience working in a larger multi-site
- Extensive knowledge of employment law, including provincial legislation in multiple jurisdictions
- Ability to quickly develop strong relationships with team members and operational client groups
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities and circumstances
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Self-starter and able to work in a fast-paced, detailed, and process-driven environment
Why Choose First Truck Centre:
There is something special about working at First Truck Centre, and it's been recognized by Canada's Best Managed list for the past several years. Maybe our distinctive culture believes in equal opportunity, employee equity programs, and career advancement. With our Power of One philosophy, our employees are supported to bring their whole selves to work, to come together to foster a better tomorrow.
You won't find a more genuine, driven, and family-oriented group of humans anywhere. Integrity is essential. We build a foundation through a reliable, safe, and team environment.
About First Truck Centre:
With 12 branches spread across Alberta and British Columbia, we have become the largest DTNA Elite support-certified group of facilities in Canada. First Truck Centre believes in fostering a better tomorrow through the power of one by offering various sales, vehicle maintenance, necessary parts, and collision services to the industry. For more information about everything First Truck, please visit us at firsttruck.ca.
What First Truck Has to Offer:
- Competitive wage
- Career growth opportunities
- Company-paid extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs
- Employer RRSP matching
- Paid Vacation
We are an equal opportunity employer.