Position: Grounds Maintenance Technician
Company: CGM Lawn Care & Landscaping
CGM Lawn Care & Landscaping is an equal opportunity employer
What We Do
At CGM Lawn Care & Landscaping, we strive to provide our customers with the highest quality lawn care and landscaping services so that they can get back to the things they really want to do. Established in 2015, our company has grown to offer over 15 lawn care and landscaping services for residential and commercial properties within the Windsor-Essex area. We are a growing company and can’t wait to grow with you!
Our Culture and Values
Our company is made up of hardworking team members with a great sense of humour. At CGM Lawn Care & Landscaping, we offer a great company culture, competitive pay and yearly performance bonuses along with a seasonal Employee of the Month program. We also offer tremendous on-the-job training and opportunities for growth.
Our core values are as follows:
· Committed to quality and customer care – doing the job right is more important than doing the job fast.
· Growth is our mindset – be open to learning new things and sharing your innovative ideas on how we can be better.
· Motivated to work safe and have fun – respect yourself and our team.
Do You Have What it Takes?
As a CGM Lawn Care & Landscaping team member, we expect you to work hard, be safe and take pride in the quality of work you produce. The Grounds Maintenance Technician role is fundamental to providing our local customers with the best quality lawn care and landscaping services.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Assisting in lawn care and maintenance duties for both residential and commercial properties across Windsor-Essex. This includes grass cutting, trimming, edging, and fertilizing when applicable.
2. Performing yard cleanup duties including weed pulling, raking, shrub and tree trimming, and shrub and tree removal when necessary.
3. Installing and/or refreshing planting beds and playing a key role in landscape design and build projects. This includes planting, and installing mulch, stone, and/or woodchip beds.
4. Aiding in the sod installation process. This involves preparing and fertilizing the land and manually laying down sod.
5. Assisting in removing snow and performing salting services across residential and commercial properties based in Windsor-Essex County.
6. Other related, special duties as assigned.
7. Operating all company equipment safely.
8. Ensuring the company policy and code of conduct are consistently being followed along with maintaining company equipment, supplies, and tools.
9. Reporting all issues and concerns identified while performing job duties to the immediate supervisor.
· Experience in lawn maintenance, landscaping or related field preferred.
· Ability to operate maintenance equipment and tools.
· Ability to read and interpret instructions from supervisors and management.
· Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks with competing priorities.
· Diligent worker with exceptional time management skills.
· Excellent customer service and communication skills.
· Ability to lift up to 80lbs.
· Must be willing to have flexible working hours (Monday-Saturday) with occasional Sundays. All work is weather permitting and hours may vary depending on the season.
· Must enjoy working outdoors in various conditions including, heat and humidity, rain and snow.
· Must be dependable with reliable transportation to the company location (9240 Disputed Road, LaSalle, ON).
· Must possess a valid Driver’s License with a reasonably clean Driver’s Abstract.
Required Education: None
To apply, please send your resume to John Tamasovics, Owner & Operator of CGM Lawn Care & Landscaping, at [email protected]. Please specify the position that you are applying for in the email. For any questions or concerns, please contact us at 519-990-7934. Thank you for your interest in our position. We look forward to potentially speaking with you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
- Company events
- On-site parking
Work Location: In person