Commercial property management company seeking a general maintenance individual for properties located in the Waterloo/Kitchener/Cambridge area.
The position will require the applicant to deal with the following:
- A knowledgeable professional with experience in a wide variety of maintenance and light construction tasks including basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical, finishing work etc.
- Applying knowledge of building HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and life safety systems.
- Maintaining the physical integrity & general up-keep of the building through general maintenance of the assigned properties.
- Respond to inquiries and take appropriate action to address issues expeditiously.
- Cleaning and repairing items in vacant and occupied units (minor plumbing, electrical, carpentry, etc).
- Coordinate with contractors.
The applicant shall have:
- Experience in small building repairs such as carpentry, paint, drywall, electrical and plumbing, etc.
- Experience in dealing with contractors.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Troubleshooting & problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to occasionally complete physically demanding work.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word & Excel, Web, E-mails).
- Proven relevant mechanical/electrical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- General Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)