Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
Hard work drives us, living life is what guides us. At Mark’s, known as L’Équipeur in Quebec, we inspire and enable Canadians to live their life with passion, conviction and authenticity. This is why everything we offer, from industrial and casual apparel, footwear and accessories, is well made, built to last, infused with utility and designed with wearable style that’s uniquely them, uniquely Mark’s.
Mark’s, founded in 1977, has over 380 stores across Canada. With strong roots in communities across the country, our commitment to Canadians is to relentlessly pursue the best products that work as hard as the people who wear them.
We are a successful, innovative, and growing company that values diversity and fosters a culture of performance and accountability. We invest in the growth and development of our employees by offering comprehensive training and leadership development opportunities. We encourage, value and reward innovation.
The Operations Manager is an active member of the Store Management team in providing leadership and mentorship ensuring operational excellence, optimizing staff performance, ensuring customer satisfaction while maximizing sales through all business levers. You will champion new procedures and processes, and deliver consistent execution of in store supply chain, cash operations, in-store ecommerce fulfillment, B2B sales and overall store operational effectiveness. The Operations Manager will facilitate training of store team members on store standard operating procedures and process improvements
- Provides leadership to team and consistently coaches and follows up to ensure the delivery the service model standards are provided to each customer.
- Leads the B2B Mark’s Commercial Business function including order entry and management and coaching team to ensure accurate and timely ordering and delivery to customer.
- Provide exceptional omni-channel experience by offering in-store eCommerce sales and fulfilling eCommerce orders within defined service levels
- Support the customer experience through timely processing and movement of inventory to the salesfloor
- Implement, communicate and ensure compliance with all operating procedures, processes and policies
- Deliver performance metrics, process improvement and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
- Lead store inventory movement teams and support accuracy
- Manage scheduling and follow up of execution on shipping /receiving, eCommerce fulfillment operations, cash management, and operations systems & compliance
- Assists in preparation and execution of annual inventories.
- Follows and ensures compliance of all corporate LP, Cash and Audit, and OH&S policies and procedures.
- Responsible to assist in delivering annual corporate shrink targets through team education and enforcement of LP and audit standards, and inventory controls.
- Assumes responsibility for operations of the store
- Assumes responsibility for all operations of the store in the absence of the Store Manager
- Coach and develop store team through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Create and communicate execution of Daily Game Plan for operations activities and store
- Supports SGM in coaching to improve any team and individual performance gaps and conducts ongoing coaching to team.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective Shift Starter meetings / coaching sessions.
- Follows up with team to complete required training within timeframes
- Facilitate and lead team meetings as necessary.
- Completes and holds team accountable to complete required Triangle Learning Academy training within timeframes
- Maintaining a positive work environment for staff.
- Continually motivates team and performance through recognition programs, store contests, customer compliments, etc.
- Maintain Mark’s performance management expectations (feedback/coaching); this includes progressive discipline where necessary.
- Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment.
- Provides mentorship to teams and influences continuous growth, exemplifying Mark’s Leadership Brand.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Proven ability to build and manage a daily plan for the department and store
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior training and mentoring skills
- 3-5 years retail experience required
- High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
- Fundamental computer skills an asset
- Achieves sales goals and store order fulfillment metrics
- Delivers on Triangle loyalty program targets
- Shrink at or below target
- Payroll managed to plan
- Expenses managed to plan
- Net Promoter Score Targets
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn.
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees -- their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability