Harbour Technologies is a company that produces components in the aerospace, nuclear, automotive, and medical industries. This position is for highly skilled and talented Automation Designer looking for a long term career in a diversified company that builds some of the most sophisticated automation and tooling in North America.
We are looking for a highly motivated Tooling Designer to generate designs for automation, machining fixtures, and weld fixtures.The ideal candidate will be driven to learn and understand assembly and detailing of concepts - assembly process flow, fixture and automation techniques - and will have good troubleshooting skills. Solidworks knowledge is a prerequisite. Additional key attributes are "thinking outside the box," and being innately inquisitive, well organized and detail-oriented. Must be will to work minimum of 40 hours a week and the work environment is team orientated structure.
Must have experience designing automation with linear bearing rails, ballscrews, pneumatic cylinders, vision systems, hydraulic cylinders, and steel plate construction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create detailed 3D designs and drawings of assembly equipment and fixtures.
- Participate in team design reviews and analysis.
- Interface with the Manufacturing site to mitigate / resolve equipment issues.
- Collaborate with Quality on GD&T print tolerances.
- Improve existing tooling to enhance performance.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Education and Experience:
- Proficiency using Solidworks 2018 +
- Engineering degree / diploma or 4 years minimum experience designing similar equipment.
- Ability to take a general concept and develop it into a finished product with little supervision
- Automation Tooling Design: 3+ years
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- design: 3 years (Preferred)