Essential Job functions:
- Knowledge of range assembly and processes
- Assemble sub-assemblies and install accessory components and materials. Wire basic electrical connections per applicable diagram. Modify and assembly of specialty /Custom component parts.
- Inspect product to conform to quality, engineering standards, and customer requirements
- Load, unload, lift, and move materials and product utilizing lifting equipment when available.
- Complete and maintain all associated electronic processes paperwork (including but not limited to checklists, stamping, blueprints, bar coding and including shipping material)
- Operate hand tools (including but not limited to electrical and pneumatic power tools)
- Maintain departmental housekeeping and 5S standards
- Perform duties in accordance with current Quality Management System, Safety Management System, and Welbilt Code of Conduct requirements
- Actively participate in safety training and demonstrate competency by effectively resolving safety issues or bringing them to the attention of management
- Initiatives to take corrective actions
- Responsible and reliable
- Ability to workday and afternoon shift
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Basic math and reading comprehension skills
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Basic ability to read, speak, and understand English language
- Ability to use hand tools
- Stand and walk on concrete up to 100% of workday
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. alone and over 50 lbs. with assistance
- Ability to use hands to reach and to handle or feel
- Ability to visibly inspect product
Day shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Afternoon shift: 3:30 pm - 12:00 am
Garland Commercial Ranges is a leading manufacturer for over 60 years which designs and produces a full line of commercial ovens, ranges, griddles, grills, conveyor ovens & countertop cooking equipment. The products are sold to leading fast food chains as well as independent restaurants in +100 countries. The facility in Mississauga is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world’s top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com .
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.