Welch LLP is currently hiring for a Staff Accountant for the Picton office. The Picton office is part of the Welch LLP Quinte Region Practice. The Quinte Region has six offices located in Belleville, Trenton, Picton, Napanee, Campbellford, and Tweed.
Staff Accountant (CPA-CA) – Picton
Welch LLP is currently seeking a Staff Accountant (CPA-CA) for Picton. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with great people and great clients, in an environment that values and fosters respect, personal and professional development, and a healthy work-life balance.
As a Staff Accountant within the Picton Office, this particular role is ideal for someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and wants to gain diverse experience. The unique responsibilities and opportunities afforded to this position make it a different and exciting prospect for an ambitious professional who is ready for his/her next career move.
You will be challenged with increasingly important audit and accounting roles for the clients of the Picton office. You will be involved in the planning and organizing of engagements to meet deadlines; will be expected to recognize, analyze and propose sound alternatives and conclusions and understand our client’s business.
You must be able to handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner, work on multiple assignments with a high degree of autonomy and produce high-quality deliverables with short deadlines.
The client base includes a variety of owner-managed incorporated and unincorporated businesses, agricultural operations, and not for profit organizations.
- Preparation of working paper files (audits, reviews, compilations), financial statements and notes, and related tax returns
- Assist in the planning, organizing and controlling of these engagements to meet deadlines including the effective and efficient wrap-up of the engagement.
- Understand client's business and their needs
- Preparation of personal tax filings
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance
- Professional accounting designation (CPA-CA) or nearing completion
- Working experience in public accounting is required
- Experience in tax is preferred
- Strong communication skills, both oral & written
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with flexibility and adaptability in managing conflicting deadlines
- Working knowledge of Caseware, Profile and Microsoft Office is preferred
- Access to a vehicle is required; be willing to travel from the office on occasion
- Willingness to occasionally assist in other Welch offices in Quinte Region as needed
- Willing to work in Picton, Ontario and occasionally assist in other Welch offices in the Quinte Regions as needed.
- Ability to work overtime as needed to accommodate client needs
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume referencing: Staff Accountant – Picton in the subject line.
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.
Visit the Welch LLP website to learn more about the firm: www.welchllp.com
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: In person