Human Resources - Internship
CANYON ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
Human Resources Internship: Manage projects and help coordinate staff.
- Supervise, provide direction and coordinate the work in one of these areas: social media, video editing, graphic design, filming, writers, grant applications, sponsorship outreach, project management tracking, website updates, or other areas.
REMOTE POSITION / Greater Toronto Area and Mississauga
Unique Opportunity to Learn New Skills and Gain Experience – Human Resources - Internship
We are seeking interns for 10 to 20 hours per week for this human resources internship. This is a 3 to 6 month internship for those attending College or University. It is also applicable for those seeking internship credit for College or University. We will take your core skills and experience and build some amazing results, together!
Want more strength in your resume? We will give you exposure to a ton of elements on one of these great projects! This internship opportunity will increase your marketability in today’s competitive job market … and help you make a career transition – or land your first full-time job!
Are you interested in turning our vision into reality? All of these projects are well-formed and just need a go-getter to 'make them happen'.
Do you like to jump in and 'get the job done'? Tasks may include processing applicants, onboarding, tracking projects, processing contracts and more, all while keeping everything organized through the discipline of project management.
If so, please apply! The work can be done remotely.
TRAINING INTERNSHIP in Human Resources
General Purpose: Preparation of materials and completion of specific projects, while ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The intern will learn best practices in recruiting, human resources management, interviewing and general project management from experienced staff.
Responsibilities and tasks may include:
- Human resources management
- Manage projects and help coordinate staff
- Assign and monitor work progress
- Outreach to prospective recruits
- Understanding all relevant guidelines and industry requirements
- Planning group activities and/or meetings
- Organizing deliverables and coordinating team members
- Writing, editing, and sending out communications, project tracking sheets, etc.
- Keeping all constituents informed and up-to-date on all activities
- Conducting research and/or reviewing materials to understand various tools, systems and processes
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures based on current and new methodologies
- Database updates
- Conduct pre- and post evaluations and report on outcomes
Once your application is received and reviewed, we will be in contact with you and you may start immediately! Overall, you would get lots of experience in operations management work. The sky's the limit -- let us know what you would like to learn -- it ALL needs to get done!
Candidate should possess:
- Currently enrolled in College or University in the fields of human resources, project/product management, English or related fields
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, basic database knowledge
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Writing, proofreading and editing
- This training is for the benefit of you personally, to develop your skills, resume, etc.
- This is an internship which can be utilized to support the individual obtaining a university/college credit
This is an internship which is funded by the Canadian government for 3 to 6 months for a maximum of 400 hours. Therefore, please REVIEW THE FOLLOWING to determine if you meet the following criteria for this government grant.
What is the eligibility criteria for students? To be eligible, you must fit ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
1. Registered as a student in a Canadian postsecondary institution, with no age limit; and
2. Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
3. Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations; and,
4. NOT an international student on a work permit, co-op permit, or student visa.
*Please note that students on temporary work permits, and international students are NOT ELIGIBLE for the Level UP program. Eligibility criteria is set as part of the funding agreement with the Government of Canada.
If you don't meet the above criteria, we cannot consider your application.
Job Type: Internship
COVID-19 considerations: The majority is remote work. When in-person, it is at your option, and COVID guidelines are in place.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 3-6 months
Part-time hours: 10-20 per week
Salary: $17.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Position can be done from home.
- What is the name of the current College or University that you attend; and when is your anticipated graduation date?
- Are you a Canadian citizen or permanent resident?
Work Location: Remote