Supply Chain Planner
Supply Chain Planner
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Supply Chain Planner to join our team for our Distribution Business Segment in EDMONTON, AB.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- To plan and maintain daily supply chain operations for critical suppliers or customers in materials, production, inventory, logistics, customer service, demand management, or order fulfillment. Ensures internal and external customers' expectations and requirements are met.
- Achieving and continuously improving customer service levels, and/or manage inventory levels and targets, and managing supply and demand within the Supply Chain.
- Ensures internal and external customers' expectations and requirements are met.
- Manage the daily operational processes for a critical segment of the supply chain.
- Eliminate potential supply chain failures as part of the daily planning process.
- Champion preventive practices to eliminate expediting to supply chain leadership as appropriate to prevent problems.
- Lead cross functional stakeholders to develop and implement short and mid-term tactical improvements.
- Complies with communication plans and processes to ensure stakeholders’ needs are met.
- Leverage common processes tools, and information systems.
- Approve system strategies and advise on changes to planning systems parameters as required.
- Analyze and interpret KPIs to identify areas for improvement and action plans.
- Lead Six Sigma and functional process improvement teams.
- Liaise with functional stakeholders to mitigate mid-term supplier or customer constraints.
- Mentor and coach supply chain planners.
- Ensure common processes are being utilized and internal controls are inplace.
- Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Global perspective - Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
- Master Supply Scheduling - Establishes and maintains a valid Master Production Schedule for a family of products, which meets customer’s expectations and requirements while maximizing operational efficiency; validates procurement scheduling, production scheduling, and replenishment planning are aligned to manufacturing and assembly assets for conversion.
- Materials KPI Management - Operates in relation to recent or historical outputs as compared to expectations of the organization to determine next steps to drive improvement; assesses gaps to the supply chain performance against the expectation of achieving target deliverables; interprets KPIs to understand end-customer impact; strategically balances trade-offs to influence one KPI while minimizing the impact to others.
- Materials Planning Parameters - Aligns parameters (minimum order quantity, multiple order quantity, lead time, part cost, etc.) to balance the supply and demand plans while stabilizing the supply chain; runs changes to parameter settings in the planning environment and analyzes the impact to customer delivery and inventory.
- Materials Planning System Utilization - Uses the materials planning system to manage supply and demand plans taking long-term corrective action on exception messages and other alerts based on root cause analysis; occasionally refers to adhoc tools such as Excel, Access, TOAD, OMS, etc. in performing problem solving, while leveraging the materials planning system as the primary tool in day-to-day operations.
- Part Change Control Management - Evaluates and implements engineering change request (obsolescence, supersessions, new part release, etc.) to meet customer delivery requirements while minimizing excess and obsolete inventory.
- Plan for Every Part (PFEP) - Uses PFEP in planning, designing, and management of systems and processes within a facility to ensure delivery of right part at the right time in the right quantity to the right place, which in turn guarantees smooth operations; applies PFEP principles on the end to end supply chain with particular attention to the relationships between master data management, materials planning parameters, engineered material flows, transport management, and warehouse management.
- Planning Data Extraction and Analysis - Extracts, transforms, models, interprets, and presents planning data with the goal of mining useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting value creating decision making.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- B.S or B.A in applicable field
- This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-Verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Job SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING
Primary Location Canada-Alberta-Edmonton-Canada, AB, Edmonton, Cummins Western Canada
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Mar 7, 2023, 12:00:00 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Distribution Business
Role Category Onsite
Req ID: 230001PW