Toronto, ON or Vancouver, BC
We are looking for an experienced technology professional with excellent communication skills to join our reporting analyst team. Reporting to the Manager, Residential Data Management, the Reporting Analyst should exhibit talent and a passion for data analysis that focuses on deriving actionable information from data and be excited to learn new technologies to support our growing business. As a Reporting Analyst, you will have an opportunity to cultivate a long, rewarding career with us. If you can drive innovative solutions using your strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to distill complex business requirements into essential technology solutions in partnership with key business leaders, this position is for you!
Over the last decade, CMLS has demonstrated a growth path in products and services. The CMLS Technology Solutions team provides technical expertise and development for all in-house created technology. The ability to work as a part of a highly skilled team combined with demonstrated technology and communication skills is a must.
About the Role:
- Work with internal stakeholders to define and create business intelligence solutions;
- Translate business requirements into technical BI/Report requirements, design, report outputs, data extracts and other data analysis tools;
- Testing results and report defects throughout the lifecycle;
- Assist in developing data-driven decisioning tools and other resources;
- Deliver a solid technical solution with consideration to security, performance, usability, reliability and scalability of the BI solution;
- Be flexible to work on multiple projects and requests;
- Make recommendations to enhance existing reports or requests ; and
- Use effective communication skills to ensure projects and expectations are delivered successfully.
This role is for you, if you have:
- Completed a University degree, preferably in MIS or data science
- Have at least 5 years of experience with MS SSRS, SSIS, Crystal Reports
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written with teammates, business leaders and end-users
- Logical and rational thinker with the ability to efficiently distill business requirements into a coherent technical design
- Ability to prioritize and manage short timeframes to deliver technical solutions with the information provided
- An aptitude for learning and supporting new systems and sharing knowledge with your colleagues
- Demonstrated ongoing use of ALM/version control tools
- MS Excel
- The following technologies and experience is considered an asset:
- SQL Server Administration
- MS Power BI
- Crystal Reports
- Report lifecycle (development, testing, promotion to UAT/PROD)
Benefits and Perks
Some of the benefits we offer at CMLS are:
- Health and Wellness Spending Accounts
- Health, Drug, Vision, and Dental benefits
- Paid vacation, sick days, and personal days (in addition to all civil and statutory holidays)
- RRSP Matching Program
- Maternity / Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Discounted gym memberships
- Travel assistance and EAP
- Business Casual dress code
- Company social events + sport teams
- Hybrid work arrangements and telecommuting opportunities
- And more!
Who are we?
Established in 1974, CMLS Financial is the leading provider of capital solutions for commercial property owners, developers and real estate investors. We have over 45 years of experience, 20,000 clients, $25 billion in assets under administration, and offices coast to coast. Some of Canada's most prominent banks, investment managers, insurance companies, and pension funds rely on CMLS Financial for a variety of critically important mortgage services. What sets us apart is our customer forward approach. Building on our solid foundation of financial strength and experience, we continue to deliver unparalleled capital solutions for all our clients needs.
You will love working here
Employees tell us that they love that we strike the balance in creating an incredibly professional, yet dynamic and enjoyable corporate culture. We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is supportive of energetic and motivated individuals who pride themselves on being flexible and results-driven. Our employees are able to gain valuable industry exposure, lots of learning opportunities, and truly impact the business. We are committed to providing our people with a challenging and rewarding career because our employees are what set us apart and we know it.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CMLS Financial is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We want to hear from you!
If you are confident that you would be a strong asset to our team, submit both a cover letter and resume today! We thank all applicants for their time in applying, however we will only contact those selected for an interview. Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.