Help us boldly shape retail in Canada
Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from coast-to-coast dates back to 1922. Our vision is to become the #1 retail brand in Canada and we are focused on innovating and making important investments in our business, especially when it comes to our people. To reach our goal, we need the best talent to help us evolve and drive change across the business – and boldly help shape Canada’s retail industry. As we strive to be at the forefront of a complex and vastly changing retail industry, it is an exciting time to join the Canadian Tire family of companies.
The Store General Manager is responsible for maximizing the net profit of their location by effective management of all functions in the store. This is accomplished through ensuring optimal customer experiences, maximizing sales, expense and cost management, store presentation, and protection of company assets. The incumbent is an ambassador of active lifestyles and drives continual growth of business and development of people, leveraging best practices and leads through stewardship of FGL’s Leadership Brand.
What you’ll do
- Enforces delivery of our Five Star Solution customer service standards.
- Provide continuous feedback and coaching to Management & team members based on key metrics. and observed behaviours through Huddles, 1 on 1s, and performance management coaching programs.
- Meets established service levels agreements for in-store services and order fulfillment.
- Demonstrates and follows up on execution of FGL visual compliance standards, store maintenance and pricing standards.
- Establishes plan and follows up on execution of weekly price changes, promotional set-ups, and department POP as per Playbook resulting in 100% system pricing including weekly prices sweeps.
- Leads the implementation and execution of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Leads the execution of seasonal changeover as per seasonal merchandising plan.
- Responsible to deliver annual corporate shrink targets through team education, enforcement of LP and audit standards and rigid inventory control.
- Oversees preparation for annual inventories.
- Follows and ensures compliance of all corporate LP, Cash and Audit, and OH&S policies and procedures.
- Ensures processes and systems are followed for the execution of tech shop service programs, including maintenance and compliance standards.
- Creates and / or monitors the creation of efficient store weekly scheduling for both sales and support functions.
- Coach and develop store and management team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Create development plans and conducts annual appraisals for management team and direct reports; support and coach to improve any performance gaps, and conducts ongoing coaching to improve team.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective huddles / meetings / coaching sessions, keeping team well informed of pertinent information.
- Completes and holds team accountable to complete required Triangle Learning Acandemy within timeframes.
- Facilitate and lead team meetings.
- Ensure execution of the Customer Experience, and provides resolution for all customer concerns.
- Develops and leads recruiting and hiring strategy for store, maintains a complete team
- Create succession plans through continuous training and development
- Acts a brand ambassador, promoting our stores, brands, and people internally and externally
- Continually motivates team and performance through recognition programs, store contests, customer compliments, etc.
- Maintain FGL performance management expectations (feedback/coaching); this includes progressive discipline where necessary.
- Follows the disciplinary process consistently and impartially.
- Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment (safe, inclusive, and empowering)
- Achieves sales goals and store order fulfillment metrics
- Delivers on Triangle loyalty program targets
- Shrink at or below target
- Payroll managed to plan
- Expenses managed to plan
What you bring
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
- Proven ability to build and manage a daily, weekly game plans for the department and store
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior training and mentoring skills
- 3-5 years retail experience managing (big box) required
- High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
- Fundamental computer skills an asset
Canadian Tire and its family of companies are boldly shaping retail in Canada and we continue to deliver a positive experience for our customers. As one of the most trusted brands in Canada, our employees take pride in the work we do across the country. It’s more than the iconic triangle that keeps our employees around. From benefits and perks, to learning and development opportunities, to our commitment to Jumpstart – these are some of the many reasons why Canadian Tire Corporation is one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies .
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire family of companies follow us on LinkedIn .
Canadian Tire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees - their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.