The Senior Key Account Manager is accountable for achieving customer specific sales and profit targets. The focus is to develop sales for our customers through direct or distributor channels to achieve Hain Celestial Canada's corporate volume and contribution objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(Principle Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned).
Achievement of Sales Targets through Core Business – Growth – 50%
- Achieve net sales and sales contribution targets
- Define and execute a sales strategy that focuses on new business, increased sales and profitability
- Establish and maintain solid customer relationships
- Promotional Planning, New Product Presentations, Communicate Marketing initiatives, Category Reviews and Competitive tracking
- Manage trade spending effectively
Administrative – 25%
- Forecasting, Planning, Deduction clearing and Trade Spending entry
- Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that effect current and future growth
- Responsible for sales forecasting and tracking
External – 25%
- Complete ownership of territory sales process from tradeshow coverage, lead generation, product positioning, sales opportunity evaluation
- Attend a variety of sales meetings: customer meetings, trade shows, conferences as required by management
- Respond promptly to customer needs and update management on customer service issues to improve service
- Establishes an environment and foundation for future sales growth
- Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance
- 3rd Party Merchandising
COMPETENCIES (Behavioural & Technical Skills)
- Excellent communication and presentations skills, both written and verbal
- Strong strategic, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- General business acumen with a solid understanding of, and ability to bring together financial performance indicators, brand management principles and effective selling skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and multi-task
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong competency with ACNielsen, Aztec, Retail Link, Loblaw Supplier Portal, LDIA and Workstation
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 5-8 years' sales experience preferably within the Canadian food industry and/or CPG experience required
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Sales experience calling on Walmart or Loblaw Head Offices
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office environment utilizing the phone and computer frequently. Requires minimal physical effort. Valid driver's license and ability to travel 25% of the time is required, some air travel.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where problems occur and volumes are heavy. Tasks do not expose employee to physically unpleasant or hazardous conditions.