Brookfield Renewable operates one of the world’s largest publicly traded, pure-play renewable power platforms. Our portfolio consists of hydroelectric, wind, solar and storage facilities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, and totals approximately 23,000 megawatts of installed capacity and an approximately 75,000-megawatt and 8 million metric tons per annum of carbon dioxide (“MMTPA CO2”) development pipeline. Investors can access its portfolio either through Brookfield Renewable Partners L.P. (NYSE: BEP; TSX: BEP.UN), a Bermuda-based limited partnership, or Brookfield Renewable Corporation (NYSE, TSX: BEPC), a Canadian corporation. Further information is available at https://bep.brookfield.com. Important information may be disseminated exclusively via the website; investors should consult the site to access this information. Brookfield Renewable is the flagship listed renewable power company of Brookfield Asset Management.
At Brookfield Renewable, we attract and retain high-performing individuals who are interested in making an impact and being part of a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Join our team to contribute to the success of one of the fastest growing and largest publicly traded, pure play renewable power platforms in the world while supporting decarbonization and greater energy sustainability to facilitate the global transition to a net-zero economy.
Reporting to the Manager, SOX Compliance, this position is responsible for supporting successful execution of the internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) testing plan to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. It includes assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, evaluating findings, and providing recommendations, performing data analytics, and reporting results. This role works closely with functional business teams across the organization.
- Coordinate with and support our in-house team, various portfolio company teams and service providers
- Perform management testing for SOX engagements based in North America and prepare working papers in accordance with SOX and audit standards and internal audit procedures
- Planning and executing controls testing for assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, including coordinating work with the internal controls team, internal stakeholders, external auditors and other third parties
- Support and collaborate with stakeholders across various operating businesses to ensure the SOX program is being executed in accordance with the company’s plan
- Evaluate severity of deficiencies, identify root causes, and develop clear, concise, practical recommendations and ensure timely remediation
- Review and update internal controls documentation as needed (risk-control matrices, narratives, flowcharts, and testing plans)
- Assist with monitoring and supporting the optimization of critical business processes and procedures
- Provide advice and recommendations as necessary to strengthen and optimize internal controls
- Support new acquisitions through identifying gaps, implementing control frameworks and assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Strong knowledge of SOX requirements and experience assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls; Big 4 experience is an asset
- Experience managing business process testing with a good understanding of ITGC’s and application controls
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong influencing skills: ability to present points of view effectively and gain support for their position
- Experience working with growing organizations with changing needs and multiple complex business transactions
- Able to work and travel between Canada and US (~15-20% travel)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), Accounting and Auditing designations (CPA, CA, CIA or equivalent), with at least 2-5 years of experience in accounting, integrated auditing, internal controls and/or financial processes and reporting
- Demonstrated and proven project management or coordination skills
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Self-motivated and proactive, with respect to both managing workload and professional development
- Demonstrated and proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge of data-based auditing techniques (including use of CAATs and sampling methods)
- Knowledge of US GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), SOX regulatory requirements is an asset
What We Offer
- Competitive salary, bonus, benefits from day 1, paid time off, Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Opportunity for growth and development
- Exposure to different businesses, geographies, and teams
- A collaborative, open, dynamic and fast paced environment
- Free on-site gym
Brookfield Renewable has a strong culture that focuses on collaboration and values in-office interactions. We believe that it is beneficial for employees to be in the office to ensure that we provide the appropriate training and coaching, facilitate real-time learning through direct interactions with colleagues and senior leaders via our open concept environment, and accelerate the integration of new employees into our teams. As we transition back to the office, we are currently offering a hybrid work environment with a minimum of 3 days in office, and we will reassess the approach on a as needed basis.
Brookfield Renewable embraces and promotes the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples and other persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We also provide accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request. If contacted to proceed to the recruitment process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.