Marketing Manager, Residential Real Estate (18-Month Contract)
Who We Are: BentallGreenOak is a leading, global real estate investment management advisor and a globally-recognized provider of real estate services. BentallGreenOak serves the interests of more than 750 institutional clients with expertise in the asset management of office, industrial, multi-residential, retail and hospitality property across the globe. BentallGreenOak has offices in 27 cities across thirteen countries with deep, local knowledge, experience, and extensive networks in the regions where we invest in and manage real estate assets on behalf of our clients in primary, secondary and co-investment markets. BentallGreenOak is a part of SLC Management, which is the institutional alternatives and traditional asset management business of Sun Life.
For more information, please visit www.bentallgreenoak.com.
BentallGreenOak promotes a corporate culture that attracts and retains the highest caliber people. We encourage opportunities for growth, development, and promotion by providing our employees with the resources to work effectively and continually strive to perform better. We are committed to a safe and sustainable work environment.
The opportunity: Our Residential Team is looking for a Marketing Manager to oversee a designated portfolio of residential rental communities in major cities across Canada. This role will also be responsible for overseeing the roll out of select corporate initiatives across the Residential portfolio (including 32 properties, and we’re growing).
At BentallGreenOak, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and experience. Your priority will be to ensure that each one of your communities delivers on this service promise and stands out as a great place to call home. This will include property branding, content development, lead generation, leasing team tools, resident experience, market insight/intel, reputation management and implementation of new tools and technology, to name a few.
You’ll join a fun, smart, dynamic and supportive team who want to see you succeed. We love new thinking and are always looking for opportunities to distinguish BentallGreenOak communities within our local markets.
You’re results-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced team environment. You love building relationships, and you don’t shy away from providing hands-on support to deliver success. You’re inquisitive, asking the right questions to move a project forward. And finally, you love leading multiple projects with varying complexities, timelines, and team dynamics.
What you will do:
- National Campaign Management - Develop and implement multi-channel marketing and communications programs, including digital and social, reputational, experiential and site signage/visibility, and aligning success to metrics, including analysis of ROI. Oversight of property level websites, creating content and optimizing as required.
- Agency Management - Define business objectives and develop briefs, communication plans, deliverables and creative concepts. Manage agency relations and business partnerships to bring out the best work. Understanding of social and digital platforms, with ability to provide strategic direction and guidance to agency partners.
- Strategic Planning and Execution - Develop annual strategic plans that will drive retention, competitive leasing, market penetration and product profitability for your assigned portfolio. This role will also be responsible for strategic repositioning of several communities within designated portfolio.
- Innovation - Identify and recommend new business opportunities to distinguish and build added value for the BentallGreenOak brand in identified markets. Planning and execution of new corporate initiatives; comfort with use and roll out of emerging technology and digital trends.
- Thought Leadership - Provide thought leadership and work cross-functionally to create innovative marketing campaigns. Engage stakeholders across all assets of business ensuring leadership alignment.
- Analytics - Measure, monitor, optimize and report on all marketing efforts or campaigns.
- Market Knowledge - Maintain keen market oversight across identified Canadian markets, reviewing available market data and applying trends to assigned portfolio. Regular evaluation of portfolio vacancy and asking rents, and strategic recommendation to Asset Management on how to optimize revenues. Ongoing liaison with leasing team at each assigned property to ensure effective leasing team training and tactics to achieve targeted revenues.
Who you are:
- Experience – Minimum five to seven years of marketing experience. Experience managing agency partners and leading multi-channel projects.
- Education – Post-secondary education in related area (marketing, advertising, public relations or business administration). Additional education or certification in real estate or marketing an asset.
- Relationship Skills – A passion for people, with the proven ability to develop and sustain strong working relationships at all levels. Comfort building and strengthening relationships with each property team within designated portfolio.
- Project Management/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one's time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, and adapt to new ideas and constant changes. Proven project management experience required.
- Writing/Computer Skills - Strong skills in Microsoft Office. Ability to copy write notices and internal communications to extended audience.
- Knowledge – Advanced understanding of marketing and customer experience concepts as they relate to the property management industry (or ability to apply knowledge from other professional services industry); ability to interpret, organize and analyze data (including financial data); a strong understanding of digital and social media strategy, experience with developing or overseeing the production of web-based content and experience managing multiple agency partners.
- Innovative – Ability to apply creative thinking to marketing initiatives and encourage others to adopt new thinking through a positive approach and contagious energy.
- Travel – Ability for frequent out-of-town travel (30%)
- License – Must have a valid driver’s license at all times during employment.
- Police Clearance – A criminal verification check is required for employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with BentallGreenOak (Canada) LP, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BGO, we recognize that each employee’s unique experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints strengthen our ability to create and deliver the best value to our clients, partners, and stakeholders/investors. Therefore, we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply to our career opportunities.
BentallGreenOak is committed to equitable hiring practices, and we welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation and ensure fairness and equity in our hiring process. If you require accommodation, please email us at [email protected]
and include: Job posting number, your name and your preferred method of contact.