The Narmco Group is an industry leader in the automotive industry for metal stamping and assembly. As a result of continuously growing our professional team, we have a challenging career opportunity for a Tooling Engineer. The candidate for this position will use their knowledge and experience in automotive stamping and tool & die processing to join our Corporate Tooling Engineering Department with following tooling programs from concept to completion.
- Interact with vendors, both internal and external, regarding tooling and process design reviews and follow-up from launch to PPAP.
- Provide technical support to various departments regarding product and processes throughout the metal stamping and assembly processes.
- Attend tool try-outs and assist with troubleshooting.
- Maintain appropriate documentation during build phase and up to launch phase, including any corrective actions that may arise while monitoring the program.
- Gauge and monitor project timelines ensuring project stays on track.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A University or College graduate in Mechanical Engineering field – automotive option preferred or equivalent work or trade experience in Tool & Die
- 2-4 years of die design experience with metal forming and processing of metal stampings, including die builds and construction would be a definite asset.
- Understanding program management aspects, SPC, GD&T, PPAP, APQP would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in modular weld assembly would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience must contain strong organizational, communication, administrative and time management skills, including the use of Microsoft related programs – (Project, Excel).
Our goal is to attract talented and motivated individuals who possess the desire to excel in their field. Our success depends on the imagination, skill and teamwork of our employees. We support a wide variety of functions that present the opportunity to gain advanced knowledge of various applications.
The Narmco group is compliant with all Ontario law in providing accommodation to persons with disabilities and to ensuring an accessible environment. The Narmco group will accommodate persons with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and persons with disabilities will be accommodated on hiring and during employment. Should you require accommodation, please do not hesitate to request it.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Stamping: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person