Do you have a passion for education? Do you enjoy helping students attain their academic goals? Elite Educational Institute is on the lookout for prospective English!
Why join us?
- We offer competitive industry wages for tutors
- We provide training and materials
- We offer flexibility and work-life balance
- A unique opportunity to make an impact on someone’s life
- Opportunity to practice teaching skills and grow within our team
- We are proud to offer LMIA-supported employment opportunities to eligible candidates
Elite Educational Institute
Elite Educational Institute is a leading college-prep after school academy having 52 campuses in North America and Asia. Since 1987, Elite's school-year programs have offered students in grades 3 through 12 a flexible, proven system of courses and personal academic counseling.
We offer a variety of subjects to applicants. We are looking for English Tutors for our Vancouver location (#1985 W. Broadway). Classes would entail:
- SAT English
- AP English
- IB English
- Reading & Writing/Novel Study classes
- At least 1 year of teaching experience
- Must know the subject thoroughly and be able to teach effectively
- Degree in related area is an asset
- Familiarity with elementary and/or high school curriculum in BC is an asset.
- Familiarity with AP (for Math/Science) and/or SAT (for English/Math) is an asset.
- Commitment to academic integrity.
- Excellent conversation skills with school aged students.
- Good work ethics - punctual, honest, organized, goal oriented.
Classes take place between the hours of 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm on weekdays and (optionally) 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturdays.
What are you waiting for?
If you think you are a good fit, do not hesitate to apply and join our team! Our website can be found at http://www.eliteprep.ca/
If you plan to apply, please complete our screening form as well to help expedite your application! https://forms.gle/Rt1fHXPHkDCK5MsRA
We'd thank all candidates in advance. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $22.00-$28.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6J 4Y3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have experience teaching SAT or AP courses?
- Do you currently reside in the Greater Vancouver area?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- classroom teaching: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person