ONA TRANSFER FORM - Surgery - Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU)
Regular Part-Time, Job-Share, Temp Part-Time
Job Posting #:203639
Shifts: Days, Evenings, Nights, On-call
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSTING IS FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY. External candidates will not be considered for this vacancy.
PLEASE NOTE: ONA Transfer Forms are valid between January 1st and Dec 31st each year, therefore you must complete one each year to be included in this process.
- Current Certificate of Competence in the Province of Ontario.
- Must have current or recent clinical experience of at least two years in the Post Anaesthetic Care Unit.
- Must have completed or be currently enrolled in a certificate program in Post Anaesthetic Care Unit nursing.
- Must have completed a critical care nursing program and have current knowledge and demonstrated skill in the care of patients with arterial lines, swan-ganz lines, CVP lines and respirators and care of paediatric patients and airway management.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of pain management concepts including recent experience with the use of Epidural and PCA pumps.
- Demonstrated clinical assessment and patient/family teaching skills.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated skill and knowledge of I.V. therapy is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with post diploma related educational preparation or a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN).
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality, availability and performance required.
PLEASE NOTE: Assignment subject to change based on the needs of the department.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #203639. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Based on recent government mandates and directives, Healthcare workers are now required to provide proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination to work in an acute care setting such as Joseph Brant Hospital. If successful in receiving a job offer with Joseph Brant Hospital, new hires will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date as a condition of their employment. In the event that successful candidates are unable to get their COVID-19 vaccination as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to determine if they are exempt from this requirement to employee health services upon receiving their offer of employment.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
At Joseph Brant Hospital, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all diverse and underrepresented groups to apply.
Should you require an accommodation under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and /or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) during any stage of the recruitment process HR will work with you to remove any barriers, please do not hesitate to let us know by contacting HR for assistance at [email protected]
or ext. 4129.