Do you love the challenge of working in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment? Do you love being part of a dynamic, high performance, goal driven work team? If so, this is a great opportunity for you.
Our mission is to benefit people and the environment. We develop the best performing natural, non-toxic commercial and consumer cleaning products and are poised for exceptional growth. Due to our growth we have an immediate need to add an equipment maintenance technician to our team.
This role will primarily be responsible for ensuring all plant equipment is setup, operating and maintained in accordance with operating standards and maintenance schedules.
Duties and responsibilities
- Setup all packaging equipment which includes fillers, cappers, labelers, coders, conveyors and case sealers. Setup includes commissioning of new equipment and line changeovers.
- Ensure equipment is setup to operate within specifications and productivity standards on during changeovers.
- Troubleshoot issues and conduct repairs on plant equipment.
- Conduct in-process equipment tests to ensure equipment is operating within specification while ensuring product quality and line efficiency targets are met.
- Ensure setup, operation and maintenance of equipment including pumps, pallet trucks, forklifts, stretch wrappers, compressors and other machinery.
- Perform general plant maintenance
- Safely operate all equipment
- Ensure the proper selection, care and use of tools, parts and equipment in execution of your work.
- Complete any required training for new equipment
- Prepare equipment for external maintenance or repairs
- Maintain logbooks to keep records on issues, repairs and preventative maintenance
- Work with suppliers on troubleshooting equipment issues
- Ensure housekeeping standards are always met
- Assist with the packaging of products whether on a packaging line or manual process.
- Overtime may be required as business dictates
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong work ethic and dexterity
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Ability to take and follow instructions
- Self-managed team player who shows initiative and takes ownership
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to lift up to 20kg on a regular basis
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
- 2+ years working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- 2+ years of equipment setup, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Direct experience with same or similar equipment types used in our operation
- Counterbalance and Reach truck license an asset
- High school diploma/GED
- Formal education in millwrighting, mechanics or equipment maintenance would be an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$28.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person