The Director, Information Communication Automation and Technology (ICAT) Planning & Harmonization will be instrumental in the implementation of Information Technology & Communication systems in a newly envisioned hospital, which will support the achievement of the organization’s project vision and design principles and the goal of improved quality, access and sustainability.
As the Director, ICAT Planning & Harmonization, you will work with a team of professionals, specialty consultants skilled in planning and design, furniture and equipment and clinical operations. Reporting to the Vice President, Redevelopment, the Director will ensure that an appropriate vision for IT is present and integrated into the planning, design and implementation of the new Windsor Regional Hospital project and the corporate ICAT strategy. You will support the execution of this project while working closely with leaders and frontline staff across the organization.
- Leading the new Hospital ICAT planning and design of all major projects across the New Windsor / Essex Acute Care Hospital Project and Ouellette Site Redevelopment.
- Working collaboratively with the Redevelopment team, Senior Team, Users and Consultants to issue reports, submittals and seek approvals from regulatory bodies such as Ministry of Health, Infrastructure Ontario, Ontario Health, the City of Windsor, the County of Essex, etc.
- Ensuring that the ICAT strategy and design work incorporates the long-term vision and design principals for not only the new Hospital but also the entire corporation.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the Information, Communication, Automation and Technologies as a member of a multi-disciplinary Redevelopment Team.
- Maintain a strong and constant ICAT presence in all team meetings, as well as during planning and design decisions.
- Lead the vision for clinical and non-clinical ICAT service delivery, workflow process redesign and planning, and ensure that the existing strategic and tactical ICAT plans are consistent with the organization’s overall vision.
- Leverage and integrate the current Health Information System plans to anticipate expected future technology opportunities.
- Working with and manage our ICAT specialty consultants to lead the development of an ICAT design plan for the project which will be incorporated into the Functional Program, and Project Specifications.
- Diagnose the core ICAT issues and gaps currently facing the organization and provide implementation strategies to support the transition.
- Identify opportunities to implement capital/operational/clinical efficiencies and optimizations.
- Collaborate with users on departmental/service plans to facilitate alignment between equipment, workflow, facility design and enabling technologies.
- Support the development of room data sheets and collaborate with Hospital consultants to incorporate, analyze and develop ICAT workflows into functional room layouts including the validation of the furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E) requirements.
- Ensuring that the design of the new Hospital promotes best practices, patient and family centered care and a positive work/life balance for professionals and staff.
- Manage activities of external consultants under contract (e.g., ICAT specialty consultant) to facilitate progress of various activities in compliance with project time lines, parameters and demonstrated value for money pursuant to Hospital policy and Broader Public Sector Guidelines.
- Conferring regularly with Project Management scheduling consultants to monitor and update compliance with project schedule including status, risks to achieving goals, plans to mitigate any issues of non-compliance, etc.
- Consulting regularly with Equipment and Furniture and ICAT Consultants and WRH Project Teams to interpret overarching operational, clinical, and support processes, procedures, and related elements to ensure integration with the Functional Program and evolving operational plans.
- Ensuring that the ICAT design elements meet or exceed operational, accreditation and legislative standards (e.g., Occupational Health and Safety standards, accreditation quality of work life requirements, etc.) and can be operationalized efficiently and effectively.
- Other duties as required.
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate complex technical issues in plain language.
- Skilled negotiator who is able to bring consensus to challenging issues.
- Strong effective customer relationship skills and teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, self-directed learning/working style with the ability to manage several large, complex competing projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Flexibility and tolerance for ambiguity in a constantly evolving organization and health environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and sensitively in a wide range of settings with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology discipline or engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a senior project manager.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in managing local and remote teams, full time staff, contractors and vendors.
- Strong background in new hospital ICAT system design and implementation.
- Experience in the design and implementation of large health information systems and complex Design Build Finance Maintain (DBFM) redevelopment hospital projects.
- Experience and understanding in commonly used healthcare applications and technologies.
- Experience in co-leading large-scale capital development projects.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment.
- Skilled in diagnosing and solving complex clinical (business) process problems and providing detailed analysis.
- Experience supporting Capital Planning and Steering Committee and other ad hoc planning committees.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage large scale capital project planning and implementation.
- French Language proficiency an asset.
Windsor Regional Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by WRH throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.